System.IO.IOException: Invalid extended partition sector

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Hi,

I am trying to use DiskClone, but get this:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Invalid extended partition sector   at DiscUtils.Partitions.BiosExtendedPartitionTable.GetPartitions()

at DiscUtils.Partitions.BiosPartitionTable.GetAllRecords()

at DiscUtils.Partitions.BiosPartitionTable.get_Partitions()

at DiskClone.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any ideas what this means? What do you need from me to fix this?

Thanks,

Mark

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Some more information about this.

It only happens if I create an extended partition.

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM

i am using windows 7.

i created an extended partition using disk part (create partition extended) and that has broken diskclone

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM

The problem seems to be that the 

BiosPartitionedDiskBuilder creates the partitions only from the MBR:

BiosPartitionedDiskBuilder contentBuilder = new BiosPartitionedDiskBuilder(capacity, mbr, geom);

It goes and creates a new disk with the MBR, but the Extended Partition information is lost in the new disk.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2011 at 5:47 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 5, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Hi Ken,

Very impressive that you've fixed it so quickly.

I'll give it a good test and let you know.

Thanks,

Mark

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:47:19 -0700
Subject: Re: System.IO.IOException: Invalid extended partition sector [DiscUtils:259952]

This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DiscUtils@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email DiscUtils@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com