ISOCreate and UDF

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Hello,

I am trying to use ISOCreate to made images for burning to DVD. I am trying to make video DVDs that are playable in standard DVD players and Windows Media Player, VLC, etc.

ISOCreate seems to nearly do what I want, and I'm looking for advice about tweeking it to be perfect for my task. Currently I can create the iso of my disk data, but when I burn that image to DVD the disk file system is CDFS (ISO9660?) which causes an issue with VLC and, I expect, will cause issues with some hardware DVD players (although the ones I have tried work).

I see in the code here that UDF - which i read is the DVD file system I need - is supported, but ISOCreate uses CDBuilder which is from the ISO9660 project and doesn't seem to support UDF. I am wondering if the solution is to try an write a DVDBuilder class in the UDF project which follows the same pattern as CDBuilder? Or is there an easiler way?

Thanks,

Mark

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Hi Mark,

Currently, there is no support for creating UDF file systems in DiscUtils, only reading them - I haven't figured out how support will be added yet, but ultimately I'd like it to be possible to build a DVD image that contains both an ISO9660 and a UDF file system - a reasonable number of DVD-ROM images are written in that format.

Thanks,

Ken

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ken.

I'll take a look and see if I can help out.