New Maintainers Required

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2016 at 4:49 PM
All,

It's been a few years since I've really spent any time maintaining this project - but I know a few folks are actively using the project. I'd like to identify a small number of people with an active interest in the library to volunteer to take it forward.

If you'd like to be involved, please reply to this thread and indicate:
1 - why you'd like to contribute (open source project, commercial, etc)
2 - how long you've been using the library
3 - in what way you can contribute (steer the project, just contribute code, etc)
4 - how you'd like to see ownership go forward - one person to lead, or a steering team, etc

Process will be somewhat flexible, based on level of interest and what you as the community would like to see happen.

Best,

Ken
Jun 17, 2016 at 8:21 AM
Hello,

I've only started using the library relatively recently but have become rather enthusiastic about it already.

I'm currently using it in a commercial project as part of a virtual data restore system. So far I've probably only been using it for about 3 months, but it is a library I have been interacting with on a daily basis, and so far I have had to invest a fair amount of time into understanding how it works and making small improvements to suit our needs.

I am certainly happy to at least contribute code towards it, but I would consider being involved in steering the project. I am not convinced I would have the time to be the sole lead but possibly as part of a team. I think there are pros and cons of a single leader vs. a steering group or similar, a single leader means you tend to end up with a clearer vision about the direction the library is moving, but obviously it introduces a single point of failure.

It's a great library and I hope it can continue being maintained, regardless of what form that maintenance takes!

Thanks,

Chris